RTFCM Statement of Faith
- We believe that there is one God, having eternally existed in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired, authoritative, and infallible Word of God.
- We believe in the Deity and humanity of Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His atoning death through His shed blood on the cross at Calvary, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, His present rule as head of the Church, and His future personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that God’s created order for the universe was perfect, as described in Genesis 1. All people were created in the image of God; because of this, all human life is sacred and of priceless value. Life is valuable to God from conception to natural death, regardless of: age, appearance, physical/mental challenges, race, socio-economic status, born or preborn. All people are sinners by nature, and fall under God’s condemnation and ultimate eternal judgment (Romans 3:23). We believe that only through the atoning death of Jesus Christ can we be saved from that condemnation (Romans 8:1).
- We believe that the Holy Spirit’s ministry is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, convict the world of its guilt, and bring people to repentance and a saving faith in God through Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit also indwells and equips believers for Christ-like living and service. We believe that all those united with Christ are also united with other believers, and will be in eternity forever in heaven, with the Lord.
- We believe that marriage was instituted by God as a picture of His love for His Church with the intent that it would be a life-long heterosexual union between one man and one woman. God gives each parent the responsibility to nurture, love, protect, and discipline their children. The hope of Discipleship is to raise the next generation of Christ followers.
Adapted from MCFM Doctrinal Statement, 2014